"Water is an essential building block of life. It is more than just essential to quench thirst or protect health; water is vital for creating jobs and supporting economic, social, and human development" - United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Held on March 22nd every year, World Water Day underlines the importance of fresh water. The event raises awareness of the 2.2 billion people living without access to safe water. It supports the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goal 6: water and sanitation for all by 2030.
Valuing water is the theme for World Water Day 2021. Water has a huge value for households, food, culture, health, and economics, to name a few. Thorough understanding of water's multidimensional value is important, as failure to do so can result to the inability to safeguard the resource for everyone's benefit.
Make a difference by following our ten (10) simple tips on using water more efficiently at home:
1. Check faucets, toilets, pipes, and other possible sources of water leaks.
2. Fix water leaks.
3. Do not use running water to thaw frozen foods.
4. Use a shower bucket or install a low-flow showerhead.
5. Take shorter showers.
6. Use automatic washing machine only for full loads.
7. Water your lawn/garden (with recycled water) only as needed. The best time is either early in the morning or at night. The cooler the temperature, the less water will evaporate.
8. Lessen frequency of car wash and do it in a water-efficient way.
9. Always turn off the water if not needed (e.g. while brushing teeth, shaving).
10. Use every drop of water wisely.
With the COVID-19 pandemic still in full swing, it is essential that we contain the spread of the virus by observing proper hand hygiene. Remember to wash hands regularly with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand gel. Let's show our best hand hygiene moments to fight COVID-19!
Since its establishment in 1995, Glenwood Technologies International, Inc. has been the leader in exclusive distribution of premium rapid diagnostics and hygiene monitoring kits from trusted manufacturers worldwide, providing quality and technologically advanced products to meet the emerging needs for food and feed safety, among others.